How to train fast thinking: 5 most effective steps
Fast thinking is not a “wish-to-be-seen” ability. It’s not like we just want to do it. Fast thinking requires hard work. But how? Let’s find out with Got It how to train fast thinking.
First, we need to understand what quick thinking is.
1. The concept of quick thinking
Fast thinking, from this name, perhaps many people think that there is no need to define anything more. “Fast thinking is fast thinking”, however, this is not entirely true. Fast thinking is how we think to get the results we want under pressure. The pressure here is time pressure.
2. The benefits of quick thinking
Before we look at ways to train fast thinking, we need to know why we should think fast. If it’s not helpful, surely no one will encourage quick thinking. The ability to think quickly brings many benefits.
- When thinking fast, people become happier, more creative, more active and confident . You didn’t read it wrong. Emily Pronin, a psychologist at the prestigious Princeton University, demonstrated this in her survey. While it’s not clear what’s behind these benefits, it’s possible that fast thinking is a “distraction.” Specifically, fast thinking attracts our focus instead of the troubles in life.
- Fast thinking is linked to planning, problem solving, goal setting, and the ability to focus. This means that when we train our ability to think quickly, we are also developing a lot of other skills .
- The brain becomes more sensitive when we think fast.
- Fast thinking also helps you to give faster feedback . Also, when you respond quickly, you’ll also get feedback shortly from others.
- In social situations, quick thinking helps you process information quickly . As a result, you become more comfortable in your interactions with other people.
- People will think you are smarter than them . Sounds weird doesn’t it? Fast thinking is often thought of as a product of intelligence. This is not entirely true, but many people still think so. So when you think fast, you will get the admiration of others. This helps elevate your status, while also giving you more confidence in yourself.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought
Fast thinking has many other benefits as well. But in general, the sharper your brain, the more you can use it in many aspects of your life.
3. How to train fast thinking
- Build a growth mindset . Studies show that learning from your mistakes improves brain-related processes. When you believe you can think faster, you will. Study his achievements, but more importantly, learn his failures. See them as a necessary step in the process of acquiring knowledge.
read also: 19 simple ways to think faster
Experience comes from past failures
- Participate in activities that promote quick thinking . The brain is a muscle mass that responds to exercise. Therefore, exercise also helps speed up the thinking process taking place in the brain
+ Try comprehension games. Read an article or book chapter as quickly as possible. Then summarize what you just read in 20 seconds. + Memorize the alphabet. Or list words that start with a specific letter for each letter. Do this as quickly as possible. + Play timed games + Solve puzzles or use apps that provide brain training activities. + Play improv games with friends
- Use all your senses . The more senses you use, the more parts of your brain will be involved in the recall of information. Make every association between colors, smells… with words or ideas. For example, when you read an article, you will remember more information if you pay attention to sensory details such as how the author of the article describes a person’s appearance or behavior.
- Prioritize important tasks . Instead of keeping records in your brain, you should use a calendar or notebook to keep track of events. Other more important information should be stored in the brain. For example, you can jot down meetings you’ll attend or due dates for bills and to-dos in a notebook.
- Repeat the information you really want to remember . Reading these facts aloud or writing them down helps to create memory pathways in the brain. That way, when needed, you can recall them quickly.
In addition, thinking is an activity associated with the brain. Therefore, the healthier the brain, the faster we can think. To improve brain health, you should exercise regularly, have a suitable nutritious diet, get enough sleep and maintain psychological health.
With the above article, hopefully you have learned how to improve your thinking speed. The ability to think quickly is very important in life, so always practice fast thinking